How do you get the best PE from your acros?

the only thing that I have tested for and altered that at the same time has seen in increase in PE has been iodine
Where they linked - Ive no idea i often wonder if when people say that they did X and Y happens is their any amount of coincidence
 
the only thing that I have tested for and altered that at the same time has seen in increase in PE has been iodine
Where they linked
Yes, likely, I think so. Iodide can destroy reactive oxygen species (ROS) and reduce stress in this way. In application I still wonder about the many effects of iodide dosage.
 
Yes, likely, I think so. Iodide can destroy reactive oxygen species (ROS) and reduce stress in this way. In application I still wonder about the many effects of iodide dosage.
I dose iodine every Friday and I have a couple tabling across that always increase polyp extension for a while after. I Don't know rather it's a good thing or bad but my ICP test comes back green every time or requiring a minor adjustment so I stick with it.
 
Target feeding phyto with a tiny bit of reef roids helps me. Reefroids were once a week 1/4 the amount with no flow.

My walt before the crash.
walt.jpg
 
By keeping my CO2 levels down, pH up.
 
In my experience, PE comes with stability and time.

The coral will eventually realize that we tend to feed them during the day, doesn't matter actual coral food or fish food. This may eventually teach them to circumvent their biological instinct to feed at night, as they do in their natural environment. I think this is why we observe coral that have been circulating in the hobby longer, express more PE during the day.

As discussed above, not every coral will express PE, which does not necessarily mean it is unhealthy. Also, one system may fulfill feeding needs that another does not, also effecting the degree of PE.

Leave them alone, create as stable an environment as possible, feed your fish and the PE will likely follow.
+1 on stability
 
Yes, likely, I think so. Iodide can destroy reactive oxygen species (ROS) and reduce stress in this way. In application I still wonder about the many effects of iodide dosage.
Interesting thought on iodine.
I have dosed ez trace since day 1 on my 120 and frag system.
One of the components is iodine.
I dose daily and have always had good polyp extention.
I only feed the 15 fish in my 120 and not the corals.
Stability of all parameters works well for me.
20210803_161531.jpg
 
Are you doing anything special for that massive pH spike? Hydroxide? Scrubber? Just curious... :)
Brs pharma kalk run through a two little fishies kalk reactor via my ato.

I have a co2 scrubber hooked up but it does very little honestly

Kalk is where it’s at
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top