How high to I hang a T5 Hybrid?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zeal
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 15, 2018
Messages
2,812
Reaction score
1,740
Location
South Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm setting up a T5 Hybrid with an Xr15W Pro Gen 4, How high should it be above my tank for optimal efficacy? I have lots of SPS and LPS
 
Around 9 inches is a good starting point.
 
I use the arm for the radion so in my mind that was maybe the best height?
I'm not sure what that height is. As long as the light coverage is adequate and the mounting height is not too high to be spilling into the room, but not too low as to create hotspots (radion) or a splash hazard on the lamps (T5s) you're good to go.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top