How long before a playing monti starts to plate?

Chris86

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 4, 2016
Messages
226
Reaction score
96
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys,

I have a melonberry montipora from ORA. Their website says it plates, but my frag seems to be encrusting. If it does plate, how long does it usually take? Thanks :)
 
Hard question to answer. It all depends on how quickly the coral settles into your environment and how plentiful the environment is. Flow, nutrients, stability etc. Corals grow at different rates in different aquariums. Set it and forget it is the best method. I like to take grow pictures every several weeks. You will get to watch it grow and you will get the answer to your question.

Some people may be able to chime in and let you know if its a fast or slow grower relatively.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top