How long can a firefish stay in its cave?

JoJosReef

10kW Club member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 27, 2021
Messages
11,693
Reaction score
40,105
Location
Orange County, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Entering second week since my exquisite firefish has been in hiding and not come out to eat. Went under its rock when I added the 2 clowns in an acclimation box (they have so far been extremely peaceful). Hasn't come out during feeding times or when I turn all the pumps off for target feeding (which is when he always come out to eat). I've been shooting a few pellets and mysis into its cave, but no idea if it is eating.

Anyone have experience with this?
 
Entering second week since my exquisite firefish has been in hiding and not come out to eat. Went under its rock when I added the 2 clowns in an acclimation box (they have so far been extremely peaceful). Hasn't come out during feeding times or when I turn all the pumps off for target feeding (which is when he always come out to eat). I've been shooting a few pellets and mysis into its cave, but no idea if it is eating.

Anyone have experience with this?
Honestly, I wouldn’t worry at only 2 weeks. This fish is simply getting used to other inhabitants and it’s possibly new environment :)
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top