How long did it take for your goby/shrimp pair to form?

How long did it take for your goby/shrimp pair to get together?

  • Less than a week

    Votes: 11 84.6%
  • 1-2 weeks

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • 2-3 weeks

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 month

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Greater than one month

    Votes: 1 7.7%

  • Total voters
    13

Sinibotia

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 2, 2019
Messages
171
Reaction score
261
Location
Portland Maine
What state or country do you live in
Maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious what people's experiences have been with gobies and pistol shrimps. I just added an unpaired tiger pistol shrimp and aurora shrimp goby to my nano tank. They haven't paired yet, but I'm leaving it be and hoping they find each other on their own. Right now they're basically set up on opposite sides of the tank. I'm open to ideas to encourage a meet cute.
 
Mine by the next day too - it was almost immediate. Then I lost the yellow watchman in a tank lid incident and replaced it with a blue spot watchman a few weeks later and the new fish paired with the tiger pistol shrimp right away (I guess the shrimp was fine with the change in roommate .)
 
I had a tiger shrimp and yellow watchman goby a few years back. As soon as I put the tiger shrimp in the tank he shot down to the bottom and I didn't see him for months. I thought he was definitely dead. A couple weeks after the tiger shrimp was added, I bought a yellow watchman goby. The goby, along with me, was unaware of the tiger shrimp being in the tank. Months went by. Suddenly, one morning, I woke up and the tiger shrimp had its fist cave. I was shocked. A couple weeks later the yellow watchman goby was hanging out right by the cave with the tiger shrimp. The overall process was probably 3 to 4 months in total.
 
Mines never paired with my goby but found itself paired up with my firefish
 
Usually 2 days. Get the shirmp and fish when they are small so they can pair easily
 
Mine haven't yet. You should add a never/haven't option to your poll :)
I put them in together at the same time a year ago, they were suposedly paired at my LFS. They swam separate ways after I put them in. My YWG doesn't determine my pistol. I never see the shrimp, but I know it's alive because of the loud clicking and the sand stirring on the cave entrances
 
Mine never paired...a year later still on opposite sides of the tank. The watchman likes chilling with a peppermint shrimp though.
 
Whoops, I meant to add a never option... can't change it now. I really hope mine pair eventually, it's only a 10 gallon so they have to find each other eventually?
 
Not the same pair but I have a clown fish that hosts my diamond goby. Runs agenst em and everything. Goby hates it but sorta just excepted him situation.
 
Generally, I've seen them pair almost as soon as they find each other in the DT but right now I have a pistol shrimp on one side of the tank and gobies on the other side of the tank - none of them are interested in the other
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top