How long does it take for PO4 to reach equilibrium?

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 26, 2021
Messages
3,080
Reaction score
11,549
Location
Decatur, IL
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long does it take for PO4 to reach equilibrium between rock and water after LaCl dosing? I dripped enough overnight to drop phosphates 0.08ppm. Can anyone point me in the direction of the equation for determining that? Thank you.
 
I believe it takes a few hours to a day for phosphates to reach equilibrium.
 
How long does it take for PO4 to reach equilibrium between rock and water after LaCl dosing? I dripped enough overnight to drop phosphates 0.08ppm. Can anyone point me in the direction of the equation for determining that? Thank you.
In lab experiments, the bulk of the PO4 comes off quickly, within an hour or so, but the rest takes a day or so. 24 hours might be a reasonable time to wait.
 
Thank you. I’m going to start a new drip tonight since it’ll be 24 hours. Since I have an algae outbreak happening I get a near zero PO4 reading per Salifert. My phosphates read 1.0ppm just prior to the bloom which wasn’t more than a few weeks ago.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top