How long have you been in the hobby?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dsmhero
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

How long have you been reefkeeping?

  • less than a year

    Votes: 35 9.5%
  • 1 - 1.5 years

    Votes: 29 7.9%
  • 2 - 2.5 years

    Votes: 27 7.3%
  • 3 - 4 years

    Votes: 32 8.7%
  • 5 - 8 years

    Votes: 81 22.0%
  • 9+ years

    Votes: 164 44.6%

  • Total voters
    368
I have stared in April this year and this is what I have :)
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20141006_130404-1.jpg
    IMG_20141006_130404-1.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 174
Started my first freshwater tank in like 1998. First reef tank (12g nanocube) in 2008 and am now setting up my 3rd reef cube a 60g
 
Started my first FW tank in 1964 and have kept fish ever since. I made the leap to SW about 6 years ago.
 
Started with a gold fish In 1964, but my move to marine tanks was In 1972 when I caught my first French Angelfish and joined the Florida Marine Aquarium society
 
image.jpg

125g with a 90g "stacker" sump

image.jpg

image.jpg

Old school Berlin skimmer and a aqua euro USA skimmers I ran on this tank

First Acros I paid at that time 450$ for
image.jpg


LoL It was a half DIY system but worked great!!
image.jpg
 
1990 got started with fish, the corals came later on.
 
8-9 years all total first year quickly moved up from 30 to 50 to 70 to 90. Ran the 90 for about 7 years. Then sold everything off due to life issues. Had my 40 breeder 20 sump for about a year now perfect size loving it.
 
I am 45 and have been keeping fish since age 9. I started saltwater at age 20. So...25yrs in this hobby. Been around the block a little...Lol.
 
My first fish tank in 1979.
My first salt water tank in 1999.(FOWLR)
My first reef tank was when I upgraded my salt tank in 2000. (Softies and LPS).
Updated original salt tank again 2 years ago LEDS Sump, skimmer many more corals including SPS. So in total tank has been running 14 years.
Been building a new 90 gallon system for 4 months as funds become available. Close but holidays have taken most of the funds lately. I can't wait still plan on it to being a mixed reef.

No wonder they call us Reef Junkies!

Patrick
 
Last edited:
51 years in the hobby this year.:angel: man I am old.:)
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top