How long shoul I wait before 2nd copper treatment on a fish

Zatai41

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 1, 2017
Messages
56
Reaction score
12
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys

I had an Achilles in Copper for 9 days @ ~1.90 PPM. He was doing ok but since I had lost Achilles to copper before I removed the fish after only 9 days.
He's in a 45G sterile tank for the past 2 days and I am seeing few white dots again....

How long should I wait till moving him back to 20G and start dosing copper again ?


Thank you in advance.
 
Depends on the spots. If you're dealing with velvet, I'd get it back in the copper asap. If Ich, you have a bit more time for the fish to allow its immune system to recoop a bit.
 
Pretty sure its Ick so ill wait a bit.
How long do you thingk I should wait 1-2 weeks ?
 
Why did you pull it out??? 9 days is not long enough. It needs to be in copper for 14 days then transfer to a different sterile tank. Or if you are only using 1 tank in needs to be in copper for 30 days. Since you pull him out early you must restart the process. 14 days with two tanks or 30 days with one. Also no need to wait if he is eating go ahead and start copper.
 
I'd move him back to the hospital tank ( with new water) and start ramping up the copper over 4-5 days until it's at or over 2.0 ppm.
I use the 30 day method.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top