How long should i acclimate my fish into hypo?

dimitrinivo

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 27, 2021
Messages
286
Reaction score
170
Location
Vancouver
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm moving my fish into a hospital tank to treat for ich and flukes, My salinity in the display is 0.25 and my salinity in the hospital tank is 0.09, how long should i acclimate my fish for? I was thinking 6-12 hours
 
I'm moving my fish into a hospital tank to treat for ich and flukes, My salinity in the display is 0.25 and my salinity in the hospital tank is 0.09, how long should i acclimate my fish for? I was thinking 6-12 hours
I think I just replied to your other post....

You can generally halve the salinity of a fish in 12 hours. You don't do it like floating a fish in a bag though - you set up your tank at say, 1.023 and move the fish over. Then, every 2 hours or so, remove some of the water and replace it with freshwater at the proper temperature, 20% of the tank volume at a time. Four, 20% FW additions will get you down to around 1.0095 At the conclusion of the treatment (typically 30 days) you need to bring them up very slowly - perhaps over 5 days.

Jay
 
thanks, this was helpful, I'll raise the salinity of the QT to match my DT then lower it down to hypo over a couple days
 
Do you have any inverts/coral in your DT? Why not place them in the 20g and drop the DT salinity instead
 
Do you have any inverts/coral in your DT? Why not place them in the 20g and drop the DT salinity instead
yes its a full blown reef :( i did everything backwards, should have quarantined each fish individually before adding them into the DT
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top