How long should I wait after dosing Microbacter7 to dose Purple Helix?

The_Skrimp

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 11, 2020
Messages
525
Reaction score
663
Location
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey folks.
I’ve got another question for you guys.

I’ve been dosing a capful of Microbacter7 each week to a fifty gallon tank to help me combat dinos and they’re mostly gone at this point. I also have a bottle of purple helix that I want to add to my tank. The problem is that both Microbacter7 and purple helix have nitrifyingbacteria and I’m worried about overdosing the tank and depleting the oxygen in the water.
How long should i wait after using M7 to add the purple helix? Should I just do the purple helix instead of my usual Microbacter7 dose next week when it’s time time to dose again or would it hurt anything if I just go ahead and throw it in there today and stay on my regular schedule?
 
If you want to be safe, just dose it on a different day. I don't think it will matter though. Nitrifying bacteria shouldn't cause oxygen issues.
 
Thanks for the info
I think I’ll go ahead and dose it today then.
I’ve heard purple helix works. Ive already got a few spots of purple on my rocks I just want to help spread.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top