How many fish can I keep in 10 gallon QT

merlberg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2015
Messages
1,025
Reaction score
156
Location
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I'm going to order some fishes online and I want to make it worth it so I can get free shipping so it's a few of them.

So far I'm thinking to get bicolor angelfish, Auriga butterflyfish, bicolor dottyback, sixline wrasse and not sure what else but they are all bt. 1-1.5 inches in size. But it'll prob. be about 5 or 6 fishes that size.

I want to put them in my QT for at least 3 weeks before they go into my DT but do you guys think it'll be safe for them in a 10 gallon until I knw for sure they are ok to put in my DT?
 
6 fish would be too much In my opinion for a 10 gallon tank and the biocolor dottyback and the sixline wrasse has a bad rep, they can be very aggressive.
 
I agree with you, I ordered 5 instead but I still think that is a bit much for a 10 gallon.

Out of the 4 fishes mentioned can anyone tell me which one is least to get sick if that's even a realistic question and maybe I will toss that one in my DT instead and keep 4 in my QT?
 
5 is still to much the most I would put is 3 and thats if they are small. The most I put in my 10 gal QT is 2.
 
You will probably have problems in the 10g with aggression and water quality depending on your plans for dealing with that. I would be careful adding any fish in your DT. That is a bad way of introducing disease requiring a fallow tank for 2 mths. I did it and lost with the gamble. Maybe get a Rubbermaid tote or something bigger for cheap and use that as a QT. Good luck
 
You will probably have problems in the 10g with aggression and water quality depending on your plans for dealing with that. I would be careful adding any fish in your DT. That is a bad way of introducing disease requiring a fallow tank for 2 mths. I did it and lost with the gamble. Maybe get a Rubbermaid tote or something bigger for cheap and use that as a QT. Good luck

I guess maybe I'll look into the rubber tote instead because I would hate to throw a fish in there n something goes wrong with my DT. Thanks for the idea. Tht looks like my best bet esp. since I have those bins at my house. Thanks!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top