How many of us "don't test" aside from salinity?!?

I think it just depends on the goal of your tank. If you want to maximize coral growth and color then testing will be key imo. Dialing in the parameters you want will require testing and as coral rapidly grows more testing will be required as the base line consumption increases with growth.

I test my main tank once a week but my second tank I don’t do much testing because I’m not super concerned with coral growth in that tank.
 
I’m a recovering overtester. I’ve put myself on a testing schedule so it doesn’t get out of hand. I was testing nitrate, phosphate, and alkalinity twice a day at one point. Mag and calcium every other day. I woke up one day surrounded by empty Hanna bottles and sachet packets and knew I needed help.
 
Too lazy! I never test anything for the last 15 years at least. Everything is doing fine. Water change bi-weekly usually. If I am good, then once a week
Denzel Washington GIF
 
I don’t test.

Check salinity every 3 months or so to make sure it’s on mark.

Water Change Wednesday, 15% change done weekly for the last 15 years. If I miss I just get back on track following Wednesday.

RODI cartridges are always 0 or as close to 0 as I can get it. This is key I think.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top