How many sand sifters for a 6ft aquarium?

Ziggo420

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2023
Messages
42
Reaction score
23
Location
Alcolu
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a pink spot watchman goby, a sandsifting star, and a tiger tail cucumber, but they don't seem to be making a dent in my sandbed. I was just curious in the experience of others how many sandsifters does it usually take to keep the sand bed turned over in a 6ft tank? Thanks in advance for any advice.
 
I’d consider adding a bunch of Nassarius snails. Start with 25 and add more
If that doesn’t help. Seeding with amphipods will also help as they will be out feeding on algae growing on the sandbed at night.
 
Upvote 0

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top