How many tangs can I put in my tank

Fish_Tank_J

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 6, 2017
Messages
100
Reaction score
51
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 70 gallon aquarium and was wondering how many tangs I can put in my aquarium
 
I have a 70 gallon aquarium and was wondering how many tangs I can put in my aquarium
What type of tang are you thinking? Most tangs get large and need a 125+ gallon aquarium.
 
I wouldn't put more than one and no other herbivores (fox face, etc.). Bristletooths such as C. flavicauda, C. binotatus, C. tominiensis, and the under appreciated C. truncatus would be the ones I would consider.
 
For a 70, I'd say one. When I was new to the hobby I had a Yellow Tang and Bristletooth in a 90G and it was pretty cramped. They got along pretty well, but they really could blast from one side of the tank to the other...
 
I agree, one bristlooth might be appropriate but a 70 isn’t much room for tangs.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top