How many times a day do you feed your Chromis?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mono
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Mono

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2017
Messages
539
Reaction score
532
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been feeling mine 3 times a day and was wondering if I should move up to 4?
 
I feed mine 3-4 times. I have an auto feeder drop pellets 2x a day, sometimes I give it an extra spin. Then I feed a heavy meal of frozen food for dinner.

my crew of 6 chromis have been doing fine with this for Almost 2 years now. Picture from the other day while they were waiting for dinner

08A24944-75E7-4E71-83E0-77C5C5D84C06.jpeg
 
I have a group of 5 Blue/Green Chromis and feed them twice a day, varying between frozen, pellets and flakes.
 
I originally fed mine once a day, after two of them died I tried upping my feedings to 3-4 day and also switched to using frozen brine and mysis as opposed to more pellets. I think the frequent feedings are part oft the reason I have not had any chromis die since I switched!
 
I feed them at least 3 times if not more, depending how many coffee break i take. :) They are constantly looking for food. I feed a little every time.
 
I've been doing one cube/day for 3 chromis & 2 small clowns, with an occasional pinch of flake or sprinkle of pellets.
They act like they are starving, but don't look thin.

The clowns will eat the pellets, if they manage to catch them before they hit the bottom, but the chromis seem to ignore them.

--Gray
 
I just feed the Chromis in the evening. They first have some frozen brine shrimps and then cyclops until I see the bellies are really round. On that feeding they take up the missing weight after the import fast and then grow well.
 
I feed my group of 11 2-3 times a day. When they see me walk by they come to the glass and beg for food everytime.
 
Once a day. Either pellets or mysis. Group of 3 healthy for 1.5 years
 
Group of eight I feed light three times a day 2 cubes brine and pellets
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top