How much more energy efficient are LED's compared to halides or t-5???

Another thing to consider is the head from standard bulbs vs LEDs. The a/c in your house/shop will have to work more if you are running MH since they are like space heaters, lol.
 
I've always loved Mh.. And the combo fixture that I have gives great growth/color.. Its just like the industry gave up on them like a bad habit it seems

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Supply and demand. The industry didn't give up on them. Sales declined because reefers like me got tired of a $100 a month electric bill for my reef.



I used to have 1700 watts of lighting on my reef. 3x400watt MH, 2x 160watt VHO and 120watts of HO T-5s Too much light? Yes.
Now with LED I have a total of 450 watts on it. I'm sure its still too much. Plus, I dont have to buy three radiums every nine months at $75 each
My reef only costs about $40 a month instead of $100 for electricity after switching to LED's and removing my CL.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top