How much/often to feed clown and coral

Brad2157

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 10, 2011
Messages
14
Reaction score
1
Location
Spring Hill, TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 30g JBJ rimless with the following listed below. How much/often should I be feeding? I have a frozen cube pack from the LFS and reef chili.

One oscellaris clownfish
Several varieties of Zoas
Bubble-tip anemone
Spiderman mushrooms
Reverse branching hammer
 
I thaw and rinse out mysis, add a little RODI water to it and then soak it overnight in vitamins. I add live tigger pods (they are the little brown dots in the pic) and feed with a dropper. On the weekends I feed each clown 4-5 pellets and flake food to mix things up. The fish know when it's feeding time and go to the corner of the tank I feed them. For corals I add 1mL of Red Sea Nutrition AB+ on Mon, Wed, & Fri. For anemone I rarely fed mine if clowns were hosting in it. They will take food and drop it into the anemone and poop in it. If they don't, i fed mine krill.

A good guage is to look at their stomach. If it's sunken you aren't feeding enough.

spoonfeed.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top