how much Pukani do you have in your tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Devaji
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Devaji

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 27, 2016
Messages
7,675
Reaction score
7,035
Location
Jackson Hole, WY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just thinking about how much pukani I would need for a 40br open scape plan.

I would love to see 20-30# what it looked like ( the amount ) classic before the scape above pic and after.

so show me what you got. FTS are always welcome too!

I know BRS suggest 2/3 total volume of tank. just trying to get an Idea here.
 
Hi Devaji...
For the 40Br I'd say use 25#. Not more. It's super light and comes in big pieces. So as you start to break them you have more to work with.

This is just an example. I didn't not use Pukani in the end, as you know from my JBJ 45 build. So the pics below show 3-4 pieces being used, 2 are big and 2 are medium sized. That was from a 45# order. I still had 4 more pieces and they were much bigger.

d54f2a28ab41283e7fe8158c2f2e5acb.jpg
d54f2a28ab41283e7fe8158c2f2e5acb.jpg
d54f2a28ab41283e7fe8158c2f2e5acb.jpg

84548c949e0e83a096fab1ff2d5cf20c.jpg
e28b6d2f13412c5b9387cde4508bf478.jpg
2726a9cc9b6adf2aa5f157b37e15c91a.jpg
 
Thanks! It's good to see that again. That s what I was thinking 20 to 25 lbs.
I am also gonna do some DIY branch going for an open scape so 20 should do the trick.
 
IMG_2914.JPG
Hard to say. Over 100lbs in a 160.
 
anyone else want to share just trying to see how much I should get, there is a pretty good chance I am going with live pukani for TBS so I kind need to get more accurate than just ordering bulk.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top