How To build and maintain a reef aquarium

Very nice, thanks for the video. Do you collect anything locally? I'm told especially the Red Sea side of Saudi Arabia is one of the last frontiers for SCUBA-based discovery.
 
Very nice, thanks for the video. Do you collect anything locally? I'm told especially the Red Sea side of Saudi Arabia is one of the last frontiers for SCUBA-based discovery.

I don’t collect corals locally as it illegal to collect.

About the reef condition here in the red sea. It’s getting worse day after day specially at the areas near major cities and popular diving sites.
 
I don’t collect corals locally as it illegal to collect.

About the reef condition here in the red sea. It’s getting worse day after day specially at the areas near major cities and popular diving sites.

that’s too bad. :(

I hope the conservation work can be done, and that it can get better!
 
Today video is about who I QT and introduce my newly acquired fish !

#09 How to Build and Maintain a Reef Tank - QT Tank, acclimation and Introducing fish
 
Today we will talk about how to feed your fish and what are the different foods that we feed to our fish .

In the last couple of weeks we talked about how to select the fish for your reef aquarium and how to do proper QT and introduce the fish to the display tank.

And we started adding fish to Hani’s Tank with 2 clown fish and yellow tang.

We also added more fish , blue hippo tang, tommini tang and Yellow wrasse.

In this week, we will talk about how to feed the fish and the different kind of foods available

 
Last episode we talked about the different types of corals, soft corals, LPS and SPS, And this week I’ll Talk about how to introduce and position corals in your Tank, and how to feed the corals.

 
In this video, I’ll start by talking about the different parameters, elements and chemical compounds, comparing values that we target in our tanks to values in natural seawater. Finally, how to test and what test kits I use in My tank.

All music used done by my little brother

 
Corals take a specific ratio of calcium and carbonate from the water to form calcium carbonate, which is used to build the coral skeleton.

I suggest that aquarists use a balanced calcium and alkalinity additive system.

The most popular of these balanced methods include Kalkwasser, two-part additive systems and calcium reactors. Today I’ll start by talking about Kalkwasser.

Kalkwasser is the German word for limewater. It is a highly concentrated solution of calcium hydroxide in water with a high pH more than 12 PH. It is used to supplement calcium and maintain high pH levels in reef aquariums.

 
Hi everybody This is Fadi and welcome to a new episode of how to build and maintain a reef aquarium.

Last Week, we talked about Kalkwasser. And today we will talk about the second method to supplement Calcium and alkalinity to the reef tank.

Two part is the easiest way to understand of all the calcium and alkalify supplementation methods.

2 Parts dosing is wildly used. As the name implies you dose 2 solutions, the first one is the alkalinity part, and the second one is the calcium part.

 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top