How to catch a chromis in 2 minutes

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Joined
Dec 21, 2010
Messages
4,538
Reaction score
774
Location
North Kingstown, RI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just figured I would share my strategy for fish catching. I used it to catch a trio of green chromis in a 125 reef tank in 2 minutes, so it works very well. All you need to do is defrost your frozen food in a clear measuring cup (I use the one with the handle), pour off the excess water, turn off your pumps, and submerge the measuring cup, allowing for the food to remain inside of it. Your fish will eventually eat like this every day with no trouble, and when you want to remove a fish, all you have to do is feed the tank.
 
I caught 3 chromis and removed from my 75 gallon tank a while back using the food/net combo.. all 3 in one scoop.. like a charm..
 
There is a post on youtube that I used to catch a hovens wrasse. This guy used a 2 liter and some reef glue to make a fish trap. I tied some fishing line to it because my wrasse wouldnt eat with me right next to the tank...always thought I was a shady figure I guess. Anyways, you make it what size you need to catch the right fish and within 30 minutes...BAM! I caught a fish that I have been trying to catch for weeks.

Tank you for your time,

Kevin
 
I keep a acrylic box in my tank that is hidden in the back, it has 2 sliding doors that are removed, all my fish go in and out of it very frequently if I need to get a fish I just wait a few and when the target goes in I simply slide the 2 doors shut! But this box stays in the tank and I occasionally feed out of it...

This method has saved me PLENTY of headaches!!
 
Last edited:
just used a little hook to catch them, thing was is the clown fish got hooked, lol its kinda fun to fish in your house
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top