How to connect RO/DI to faucet?

  • Thread starter Thread starter samnaz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Joined
Dec 30, 2016
Messages
3,564
Reaction score
6,883
Location
Humble.fish
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an extra sink in my bathroom that I never use and I’m considering dedicating it to RO/DI use only, so it won’t matter if the connection is permanent.

Problem is, my faucet does not have threads. All of the sink adapters I’ve seen have threads. How on earth can I connect anything to it?

Photo of sink faucet:
IMG_1470.JPG
IMG_1469.JPG


Faucet / garden hose adapter that came with the RO/DI unit:
IMG_1468.jpg


This Faucet Diverter Adapter Kit from BRS “fits virtually all kitchen faucets” but doesn’t specify how exactly. The description says it has 27 male threads. I’m assuming it must be connected using the threads?
200800-Reverse-Osmosis-RO-Faucet-Diverter-Adapter-Kit-Chrome-a_1.jpg



Another one from BRS, Chrome Faucet Diverter Valve "fit most standard faucets and can be adapted using an adapter ring (not included) if an oddball faucet is encountered". What adapter ring would I need?
sink_water_tap_valve-b.jpg


I'm lost....
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
 
Your faucet has threads! :) The grey part where the water comes out is called an aerator and yours actually says it will flow 5.7 liters per minute....it is threaded into the metal main part of faucet. Simply grab it gently with channel locks or suitable sized pliers and twist to the left to loosen and remove...you will then have no problem figuring out which adapter to use.
 
Your faucet has threads! :) The grey part where the water comes out is called an aerator and yours actually says it will flow 5.7 liters per minute....it is threaded into the metal main part of faucet. Simply grab it gently with channel locks or suitable sized pliers and twist to the left to loosen and remove...you will then have no problem figuring out which adapter to use.
No way! Silly me... thanks so much.
 
Alternative way to connect would be use a Mur-lok EZ Angle Stop Adapter on the cold water supply line under the sink. I used a ball valve on the rodi supply line to turn it on and off. I kept the unit and all tubing under the sink and just stuck the waste line into the sink overflow when I used it.
aada3ebbcaa9ec9fa970e6c6892f73ca.jpg
1e9861be33a80df60fa30e782e57e8ab.jpg

This way the sink is still usable, and everything is tucked away when not in use
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top