How to control chiller in another room with Apex

Royalreef22

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 17, 2020
Messages
158
Reaction score
151
Location
tampa
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm Abt to order the new apex finally.
Here is what I plan on ordering lmk if I need anything else for an ato system and I want to monitor salinity or anything else I should be aware of thx.
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/wishlist/shared/index/code/8d7565881992f2049e5b0d58c5bece58/
My question tho is how can I control the chiller in the closet directly behind the tank? I am an electrician and alrdy ran the outlet for it. I could run it through the wall but would rather not. Any smart outlets or anything that people use to control equipment in another room?
 
Get the version that includes the cond probe not the base A3 you selected.

Remove the cond probe since the version you should get will include it

Remove the PM2 module. The A3 has the port for this already.

You will also want an optical sensor and/or float switches as backup to the LLS.

You might consider a leak detection sensor or flow meter since you will have open FMM ports.

I would really consider a DOS to go with the Trident unless you are using something like a calcium reactor for parameter control. Trident controlled dosing with 2 part and a DOS works really well.
 
Get the version that includes the cond probe not the base A3 you selected.

Remove the cond probe since the version you should get will include it

Remove the PM2 module. The A3 has the port for this already.

You will also want an optical sensor and/or float switches as backup to the LLS.

You might consider a leak detection sensor or flow meter since you will have open FMM ports.

I would really consider a DOS to go with the Trident unless you are using something like a calcium reactor for parameter control. Trident controlled dosing with 2 part and a DOS works really well.
I don't c the one with the salinity probe...

I don't need to dose stuff yet rly. I might remove the trident for now because I am not rly running corals yet. Plus um DOS is pretty expensive for 2 little motors and some software that I am alrdy paying for lol. Maybe i'll understand it in the future but for now i'm good. I just plan on doing LPS anyway so might not even need to DOS that much we shall c. But thanks
 
I don't c the one with the salinity probe...

I don't need to dose stuff yet rly. I might remove the trident for now because I am not rly running corals yet. Plus um DOS is pretty expensive for 2 little motors and some software that I am alrdy paying for lol. Maybe i'll understand it in the future but for now i'm good. I just plan on doing LPS anyway so might not even need to DOS that much we shall c. But thanks
Their picture was deceiving. The temp probe looks like a cond probe. Looks like that is seperate in all the options so you would need to buy that if you want it. I only use my cond probe as a failsafe in my auto water change system and in my email alerts. If I wasn't doing AWC, they would not be worth $200 IMO.

The A3 Pro is the new version with the cond probe port but it doesn't include one in the package. Makes the choice a bit harder. You basically have two options if you want the cond probe.

599 - A3 base
89 - PM2
49 - level sensor

899 - A3 base + level sensor + better leak sensor + cond probe port + 4 variable speed ports + 1 extra FMM port

Really comes down to wether you value the VDM ports + extra FMM port enough to pay $150 more.


Either one, you save a little on the trident by packaging that in too if you want one. IMO not worth it until you have coral and need regular testing and dosing at which point I would do trident and DOS.
 
Their picture was deceiving. The temp probe looks like a cond probe. Looks like that is seperate in all the options so you would need to buy that if you want it. I only use my cond probe as a failsafe in my auto water change system and in my email alerts. If I wasn't doing AWC, they would not be worth $200 IMO.

The A3 Pro is the new version with the cond probe port but it doesn't include one in the package. Makes the choice a bit harder. You basically have two options if you want the cond probe.

599 - A3 base
89 - PM2
49 - level sensor

899 - A3 base + level sensor + better leak sensor + cond probe port + 4 variable speed ports + 1 extra FMM port

Really comes down to wether you value the VDM ports + extra FMM port enough to pay $150 more.


Either one, you save a little on the trident by packaging that in too if you want one. IMO not worth it until you have coral and need regular testing and dosing at which point I would do trident and DOS.
Unless I'm missing something buying the a3 pro and trident bundle is actually more expensive then buying them individually lol
 
Unless I'm missing something buying the a3 pro and trident bundle is actually more expensive then buying them individually lol
Kinda dumb to be honest. It basically breaks even with buying individually but you probably don't need the variable speed ports, so that makes it cheaper to get the regular one plus PM2.

You would think they would make the A3 Pro a deal so more people would buy the pro model. Should really include the cond probe at that price point even if it meant making it $950.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top