How to convert a dual overflow tank into a peninsula style?!

That tank is just like mine corner overflows and all. Mine is kinda like a peninsula you can see the front and one side clearly. And little more than half of the back. Oya cool your going to Nepal I have always wanted to go and see Mt. Everest. Always wanted to give it a try.
Yea man! Same here I’ve Always wanted to see Everest!!

My father in law is the pastor at the church and he’s been hosting these trips for a few years (he was there during the earth quake too!!) Nepal, Cambodia and Thailand. It’s going to be great to be a direct impact to so many others!

Do you have your tank setup like a peninsula now?
 
Before making a decision to make the mod check the glass make sure it's not tempered. Get a pack of box blade's. The over flow will come right off. Clean old silicone with fresh blade. Acetone will take off what the blade can't. Silicone a piece of glass over the old bulk head holes. Stays hidden with sand. Drill for new overflow and returns . Was a breeze for my 180.
 
That’s awesome to hear! Did you make a peninsula as well? I would love a pic to see the layout.

I was going to drill from the bottom, the existing overflows are drilled from the bottom as well.
 
That’s awesome to hear! Did you make a peninsula as well? I would love a pic to see the layout.

I was going to drill from the bottom, the existing overflows are drilled from the bottom as well.
No peninsula. Never cared for built in over flows. Takes a way from display area. Picked up 16" Synergy at reefapalooza last year so the mod was a go. I have pics on a build thread. "My 1st 180 build" It's crossed my mind how I could do the mod on my 60 cube stock and running lol.
IMG_20170513_154059822_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170520_120355465.jpg
IMG_20170518_220541202.jpg
IMG_20170514_202221401_HDR.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top