How to cool reef tank during California heatwave

  • Thread starter Thread starter clown99
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
Living in hells heat of California is made up for in the winter. My first 24 winters were in the midwest. I'll take 75 and sunny in January in exchange for an ungodly electric bill :)
Aren't they going round 2 on the rolling blackouts?
Thats a bummer.
 
I spent alot of time in 29 palms C.A. in the military. You can keep your 120 degree days. I like my snow and 20 degree winters. anything over 75 I'm getting hot.
 
It hit 107 yesterday and 106 today on the Peninsula ... today was particularly challenging to cool my 220 reef as PG&E decided to kill our power yet again ! I’ve even got a decent sized generator but running the fridge, freezer, reef and A/C was asking just too much ... so off went the A/C and the tank surged to 85.2 ... running a fan blowing at the water surface is getting it back down slowly , as of midnight I’m at 84 and feeling better about it ... It’s survival of the fittest in this tank !
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top