How to do magnets doors on the stand

Calireefer92

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 7, 2018
Messages
636
Reaction score
186
Location
Corona
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers on my new tank I wanna do magnet pop off doors on the stand any ideas?
 
I just built a stand with those exact type of doors, got some neodymium magnets off amazon and a forstner wood bit to inset them in the wood, cemented them in and they work great, I painted over them and you can’t hardly see them
BF9BED53-6667-4023-B85B-041DBEAE8E93.jpeg
 
Ive done them by supergluing the magnet to the removable door or stand and on the other side using a washer so when I place the door the recession is perfect. Now you can recess the magnet if needed to get the look your looking for.
 
I am recessing the magnets in the panels with epoxy. Stand is steel so I will not have to do anything there. I printed brakets to support the weight so all the magnets have to do is hold them on.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top