how to keep ritteri mag in one spot?!

He did move off the perch. He actuall moved down several inches. He must have sensed the back of the tank glass really stretching tentacles i guess. That may have let him to go down to then go up( ?).
Hes in a good spit. Top left corner of tank. Less light than on the perch which he had a kessil 360x right above. Noe its indirect light. Maube he had too much light on the perch.
*im positioning the stream phs on the bottom of tank. Hed have to crawl at least 10-12" down for the tentacles to touch the intake. Im thinking its very unlikely he goes that far down. He never ever has gone downward until i out him on the perch. Never lol. I ask that bc im taking off the sponge wrap around the intakes. They get clogged a day after i clean them. With bacteria it seems. I dont have a lot of. Detrius.

Now i can rework the rocks back again at least lol. Ill try to get a rock under him so the nemos have something natural by then instead of just glass.
 
No, you cannot overlight (almost always true in our tank) a Magnifica. He move around a bit to see if he can get better light and current. If he cannot, he will craw back to the top of the pedestal. If he can touch the side of the tank, he will go for it.
 
Last edited:
he actually did go down without touching anything other than the rock beneath. And once on the side of the pedestal/rock after moving down, then seemed to touch the glass and moved on to it. But I dont think it will move downward now that he's on the glass now. He's never done that in the last years I've had him.
It would be rare for him to move downward from the glass unless detects a better area that takes him downward (?)
 
I’ve had my Magnifica for about a year now and I still have trouble keeping him in place from time to time. If I change the power heads or return nozzle just slightly he will start to walk. Light is very important to them, but I believe flow is even more important. The only way I can keep mine in the same place is if I keep my return nozzle blasting right on him. He can be a real PITA some times.
 
I’ve had my Magnifica for about a year now and I still have trouble keeping him in place from time to time. If I change the power heads or return nozzle just slightly he will start to walk. Light is very important to them, but I believe flow is even more important. The only way I can keep mine in the same place is if I keep my return nozzle blasting right on him. He can be a real PITA some times.
Does it always move upwards? Or if it gors downward some does it ever stay lower down unless the light is stronger in that lower spot?
 
Does it always move upwards? Or if it gors downward some does it ever stay lower down unless the light is stronger in that lower spot?
He will move around, but if he only get less light and less current as he moved then he will move back to where he get the most light. How far will he try until he turn back? Who know for sure.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top