How to light a chamber in Media Basket?

Mel 2038

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 14, 2016
Messages
126
Reaction score
72
Location
Bolingbrook, IL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I have a 14gal nano (daughters tank), and I just received my in tank media basket. I was wondering how to go about setting up a chamber as a fuge? I've heard some say, that you have to scrape or peel paint off??? If that is so, where? Also, what do you use to " Light" the fuge, and how?
 
If the back glass is painted black, then yes scrape paint off. I just used a clamp on light from home depot with a 6500K bulb.

There are fancier lights, but they typically start at around $50 and up. Coralife and innovative marine both make one.
 
Id do the middle basket so that the chaeto (assuming this is your algae of choice) doesn't escape to the return pump/3rd chamber.
 
Another member here (sorry forgot user name) uses this light. I just received it today so can not add to the review, but put it in a cup of water before putting it into the back compartment and it's neat.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Q2W4X76
 
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Another member here (sorry forgot user name) uses this light. I just received it today so can not add to the review, but put it in a cup of water before putting it into the back compartment and it's neat.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Q2W4X76
That looks great! I would like something like this, but not sure about halogen. I may order one, if I cant find a led version. Thank You
 
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top