How to light my 20 gallon SPS QT?

Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2017
Messages
12,222
Reaction score
23,039
Location
Miami Beach
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys.

I’ve been procrastinating on getting lights for my 20 gallon tank because I don’t know how to it.

My DT is lit with 100% T5’s, so I really want to acclimate my corals with T5 lighting.

It’s a 20 gallon bow front tank.

14C14BDD-0794-4090-A9AA-DD650AFA00FB.jpeg


Basically: I need T5 lighting for a 20 gallon tank. Do they exist?

My LFS had T5’s for sale but it came with freshwater bulbs.
 
Hello guys.

I’ve been procrastinating on getting lights for my 20 gallon tank because I don’t know how to it.

My DT is lit with 100% T5’s, so I really want to acclimate my corals with T5 lighting.

It’s a 20 gallon bow front tank.

14C14BDD-0794-4090-A9AA-DD650AFA00FB.jpeg


Basically: I need T5 lighting for a 20 gallon tank. Do they exist?

My LFS had T5’s for sale but it came with freshwater bulbs.
Depends on your budget I think. My budget tank has cheap 3 bulb t5 and a 80%blue 20% white LED bar.
 
T5 is all good I keep 1 white to 1 actinic blue light. but most of the day my tank gets sun light. I am using ATI globes not sure if you get it over there still.
 
T5 is all good I keep 1 white to 1 actinic blue light. but most of the day my tank gets sun light. I am using ATI globes not sure if you get it over there still.
Out of my 3 bulbs, I used 1 blue/white is bulb I got from the hardware store, a ATI Coral plus sort of bulb that was made for the corals, and a blue actinic sort of lights.
I have no idea of the names in english cuz getting t5 bulbs here in japan is stupidly difficult and finding the same one abrod is nyon impossible
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top