How to reduce splashing sounds in an aquarium

Motthunter

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 26, 2017
Messages
14
Reaction score
10
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious for tips on how to make my aquarium a bit quieter.

The sump system is in the basement but the aquarium seems to make a constant splashing sound. I'm wondering if anyone has some sound reduction tips to help me out.
 
What kind of plumbing system do you have? Durso, bean animal? A few pictures would be really helpful especially pinpointed where the noise originates plus the setup in general.
 
My 180 is just cycling with dry rock while I wait for temp to get up to a level to add a few cromies.. The basement sump is below the tank shown here.


20170707_060212_resized.jpg


20170707_060222_resized.jpg




20170707_060159_resized.jpg
 
Last edited:
What brand tank is that ?
 
Looks like same overflow I had on my 150 you might look on your return pipe at elbow an see if there's a small anti syphon hole if so get a piece of sponge an place over it
 
It will shoot steam of water causing noise
 
Had same hole on a marine land tank just clean sponge occasionally
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top