How to remove invasive Pandoa Zoas from rock?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jcon82
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Jcon82

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2022
Messages
193
Reaction score
93
Location
North Providence
What state or country do you live in
Rhode Island
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I started my tank 1.5 years ago I started with several variety of zonathids. I planted them all low on the rockwork and while all of the others have grown into dense little conolies with small pea-sized poylps, The Pandoras spread up and up. they have long 3-4 inch necks and the poylps are the size of nickles! They have even let poylps loose onto other rocks. They are starting to encroach on my acro at the top of the tank.

I just want to fully remove them from the system. What is the best way to do this? I've kept them at bay by more or less grinding them up with a tooth brush here and there to stop them from contacting my prized corals. But I know I shouldn't be doing this due to toxins.

Any advise would be appreciated.
 
Kalk paste or pull them off and give them to me lol. I've been wanting pandoras but not a single LFS has them
 
The absolute bain of my previous reef tank. I tried kalk paste, aptasia x, mechanical removal, wire brush scrubbing.

In the end I binned any rock that had them on it. Doesn't sound like that is an option for you.

You could look for a zoa predator (assuming you dont have others you want to keep)
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top