How to remove long spine sea urchin spine

Had a handful to deal with in the past (thrown against the rock wall snorkeling on a rough surf day). Emergency room said to leave them be and they will either dissolve or pop out. They did both, with some outright dissolving and others (mostly across my fingertips) popping out.
My current diadema donated one recently and it dissolved pretty quickly. It really didn't want me to put that frag there I guess.
Cheers,
Ray
 
Yes, you can't get rid of them. I got loads of them in me while diving. They will dissolve, "eventually" :oops:
 
You may get an urge to graze on your lawn. If that happens, just ignore it. At least in the day time when people can see you. :oops:
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top