How to say "Nudibranch" ...the correct way...

I like your pronunciation posts -- they're fun.

With all the information passed by online reading, it happens all over the place.

We have the same issue in astronomy -- I'm old school so I still say:
Hay-Lee's comet and,,, wait for it,,, yer-anus
 
There is a kalkwasser tip video from Julian Spring on reefs YouTube. Some other person was asking him about how to dose C_ck Washer instead of Kalkwasser lol

Watch at 10.50


Admin please delete if not allowed, Thanks!
 
My boss at my first-ever job at an LFS used to mispronounce the name of every single organism in the store, except that one. Blind squirrel.
 
I think we need more of these sorts of threads. Since many reefers never hear a knowledgeable person say the name of something, only reading it, the pronunciations of many things vary widely.
 
Not to take it too far off the subject (keeping it nautical), but if you just dived the reef, you might have to haul yourself over the gunwale to get back into your boat.

Gunwale -> pronounced like gun-nel.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top