How to stop coral glue setting inside Tube

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 11, 2019
Messages
2,260
Reaction score
2,709
Location
Australia
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More or less how do you guys stop your glue from setting inside the tube or container after the first use?
 
Super glue gel. 2 tubes for a dollar not worried but usually cap works. If not I cut the tip
This is the way to go, I will admit you get some funny questions when you but 20 packs of glue at a time from the dollar store but it definitely the way to go. When the tip gets clogged just unscrew the top and you can squeeze the rest directly out which works fine for frag plugs
 
I put a push pin through the top and then just remove it before I use it! Works well for me
 
I put a push pin through the top and then just remove it before I use it! Works well for me
That's what I've done with a toothpick for best results. Although, admittedly, mine still eventually has issues. Using a toothpick might have been my issue though... maybe if I use something metal...
 
Putting them in the fridge can help too. A lot of this depends on how long they sit before you use them. A little while is no big deal, but months can be an issue sometimes. Also, if you made a mess of the applicator, then the lid will not fit tight.
 
I use the brs thick gel glue and it has this tiny red cap. I will typically wrap the cap with some electrical tap and that has seemed to work for me.
 
I buy it in the 12 gel pack. After gluing probably 100 frags I've learned that its easiest just to use it up at one time and throw it away. If your like me you have saltwater and glue all over the place while your gluing frags to plugs or in the tank. ;)

If not I would love to know your secret? :D

I recapped mine once and cut the end off with my kitchen shears when it was clogged up. I spent more time scraping the glue off of my kitchen shears that I learned my lesson.

 
Last edited:
image.jpg
I buy it in the 12 gel pack. After gluing probably 100 frags I've learned that its easiest just to use it up at one time and throw it away. If your like me you have saltwater and glue all over the place while your gluing frags to plugs or in the tank. ;)

If not I would love to know your secret? :D

I recapped mine once and cut the end off with my kitchen shears when it was clogged up. I spent more time scraping the glue off of my kitchen shears that I learned my lesson.

That’s actually pretty expensive go to the dollar store (most will have them) you get 2 of these for a dollar And they are bigger than the ones in that 12 pack off amazon
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top