How to thicken Nutramar Press On food

Schulks

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 2, 2022
Messages
669
Reaction score
347
Location
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a rainford's goby that ate today for the first time since I got him a month ago. I have been trying everything. The nutramar was too dry to stick to the glass originally. I tried again by storing it with a bunch of wet paper towels to thicken it up. It held up on the glass for about 10 minutes which was long enough for me to see him eating more than a few bites!!!
Now I just need it thicker so I can get more of it to him instead of the water. I am going to store some the same way for 24 hours and see if that thickens it up more

Is there another way I could thicken it without ruining the appeal?
 
Last edited:
I have a rainford's goby that ate today for the first time since I got him a month ago. I have been trying everything. The nutramar was too dry to stick to the glass originally. I tried again by storing it with a bunch of wet paper towels to thicken it up. It held up on the glass for about 10 minutes which was long enough for me to see him eating more than a few bites!!!
Now I just need it thicker so I can get more of it to him instead of the water. I am going to store some the same way for 24 hours and see if that thickens it up more

Is there another way I could thicken it without ruining the appeal?
Too wet and it falls apart. It is intended to be consumed in minutes in which it will fall apart after extended time.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top