Hydroponic resevoir as frag tank

Royal Reef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2017
Messages
19
Reaction score
5
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
243611d74bcd2836536fdae32edc22d2.jpg


I'm in much debate on whether or not I should go with standard 4x2 hydroponic trays or a botanicare 115 resevoir 83” x 35” x 13.5”... I've seen plenty of people use the trays but does anyone know of someone who's using or has used a resevoir for a frag tank?
 
Yes, I've seen them used before. I don't know if I could find it, but I remember someone using a very long one....maybe 8 - 10 feet, and having a rail system for a single light fixture that continually passed back and forth over the tank. No promises, but I'll see if I can find it.
 
BRS used to sell "frag tank kits" made with these, with a smaller tray used as a sump, plumbing parts, and, the rack system.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top