I bought a X4/XP8 last weekend at a show. The X4 was DOA out of the box. Constantly rebooted. CV swapped it for another unit (I work down the street). The unit they gave me looks used (it has round scratches around the ports). Didn’t like that. Not a great start. However, I really like the app so far.
I had a full Profilux system before and I absolutely HATED using it. You think Hydros app is bad? Man you have no idea how bad GHL is. Upgrading a Profilux makes me cry. The GHL community is a bunch of defensive fan boys. You think CV support is bad? You’ve never opened a GHL ticket then. My last one took over a month to resolve. GHL is not fun to deal with.
I’ve owned GHL, lots of Neptune since the 90s, some RK, and Hydros. NONE of them are perfect. I’d say the best controllers were the old Neptunes. They didn’t do as much but they were built like tanks. Things have never been the same since they got bought out.
Also, I saw some of Hydros new products at the show (Kraken, IV, X10) and they seemed pretty cool. Hopefully they continue to improve the software as well.