I hope it works for you, being a bit older probably helps a bit. I’m just tired of dealing with the lack of funding, time, and stress from it all. I’ll definitely probably get one when I’m older but for now I’m gonna pass.
I am 17 and started when I was 15. It is a big advantage to start younger because you just have more time to learn. I went through a time when I wanted to quit but I knew that once I got through it things would get better. I lost $300 in fish at one point and couldn't figure out y. Eventually I figured it out and now my tank is going great. I am and have been home schooled since 8th grade so I have more time.
U sound like u have made up your mind but if you cant figure out y your fish r dying just let it sit empty of fish for 3 months. Any parasites that r floating around killing your fish will die and u r not restarting your tank so once that 3 months is up u can freely add fish again. Thats what I did and it worked for me. Anyway enjoy whatever u do next