I Give Up. Help Alk Dropping No Matter What I Do

Haha. Great growth on your corals! Are you using reactor or two part? If two part, how big is tank and how much a day?
Kalkwaser stirer. !!! With a kamier dosing pump taking water from my ATO

Best thing I ever done!!!
 
Your dosing solutions are way out of proportion. assuming CaCl2 dihydrate has a density of 1.85g/cc and soda ash 2.54g/cc- your 2.5 cups worth per 5 gallons would be 1094g Ca(237g/gal) and 1502g Ash(300.5g/gal).

For a balanced solution of standard strength two part you should have 514.5g CaCl2 dihydrate and 371g soda ash per gallon. For every gram of ash you need 1.39g CaCl. You’re probably more like 0.73g CaCl2 per gram of ash.

I suggest a scale to accurately weigh your solutions. If you want to stick with scoops, double your calcium concentration.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/standardizing-abc-dosing-to-mesh-rhf-tm-and-brs’s-recipes-with-concentrations.884071/
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top