I have a leopard wrasse that I haven't seen

  • Thread starter Thread starter JMS98
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

JMS98

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 11, 2022
Messages
26
Reaction score
8
Location
Illinois
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a leopard wrasse that has gone missing I haven't seen him in 5 days should I be worried

I know you are not supposed to look for them in the sand because they get stressed out
 
I have a leopard wrasse that has gone missing I haven't seen him in 5 days should I be worried

I know you are not supposed to look for them in the sand because they get stressed out
Generally wrasses come out of the sand when they’re about to die IME. So this is pretty normal. When newly introduced these guys tend to vanish for up to 2-3 months (I’ve had cases where people haven’t seen their wrasses for almost 5-6 months and then they turn up like nothing happened). I would check your tank at night, these wrasses are not from the same timezone as us and are likely to be out at night hunting instead of in the day for the first few weeks at least.
 
Generally wrasses come out of the sand when they’re about to die IME. So this is pretty normal. When newly introduced these guys tend to vanish for up to 2-3 months (I’ve had cases where people haven’t seen their wrasses for almost 5-6 months and then they turn up like nothing happened). I would check your tank at night, these wrasses are not from the same timezone as us and are likely to be out at night hunting instead of in the day for the first few weeks at least.
This 100%. I had a pair of Black Leopard that disappeared and I wrote off. 3 months later they popped up randomly.

Keep your pod count healthy. They’ll adjust eventually.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top