I have no luck with Angel fish (Salt) need HELP!!

It's been up since August and I've had a outbreak from another Angel but I treated the tank for 2 weeks
 
Yeah I dealt with fresh for 10 years but 2 years in this tank
 
I run the coralife 220. But I've modified the heck out of it, to get it to work good.
I've got another pump on it, and modified the impellar with mesh. Then modified the return, and removed that aweful bubble box. Mine works pretty darn good now I would say.
But straight up out of the box, I'd say its good for a 75g tank.
 
I run the coralife 220. But I've modified the heck out of it, to get it to work good.
I've got another pump on it, and modified the impellar with mesh. Then modified the return, and removed that aweful bubble box. Mine works pretty darn good now I would say.
But straight up out of the box, I'd say its good for a 75g tank.

What size tank do you have?
 
IMO, best would be to move the fish to a 10g isolation tank and deal with it there. All fish should be introduced to an isolation tank prior to introduction to the display tank. I learned this the hard way. Use the current water in the display tank to fill the isolation tank so the angel will not stress out with the transition. Tangs, clowns, chromis are punks. They could be stressing out the angel as well since it's the latest intro. How long has your tank been running?

Ok I figured what stressed out the coral beauty, it was the hawk fish he killed two chromis lol. But I just checked my levels and everything was perfect but the PH it was 8.8 is that too high?
 
I have a 120 gallon with 1 Vlamingi tang, 2 clowns,1 hawk, 4 green chromis, 1 chocolate chip star and the one Coral beauty. I'm running on a fluval fx5, jbj uv sterilizer and a typhoon protein skimmer with 2 1600 ph powerheads.

Coral beauty may be the cause? Do you see them fighting?
 
Ok I figured what stressed out the coral beauty, it was the hawk fish he killed two chromis lol. But I just checked my levels and everything was perfect but the PH it was 8.8 is that too high?

Your pH will fluctuate during the day and night. But ya 8.8 is way to high
 
Actually, I think more gas exchange wouldn't have much affect --- that is usually used when the pH is too low..

What are the Cal, Alk, and Mag levels? (( those play a huge role in pH ))

Are you dosing any pH buffer? (( not Alk, but just the pH buffer, which ends up causing more harm than good )).
 
Actually, I think more gas exchange wouldn't have much affect --- that is usually used when the pH is too low..

What are the Cal, Alk, and Mag levels? (( those play a huge role in pH ))

Are you dosing any pH buffer? (( not Alk, but just the pH buffer, which ends up causing more harm than good )).

It's a fowlr so I have the regular saltwater test kit (API)
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top