I have tons of alage please help

  • Thread starter Thread starter bo80
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
Go watch the whole start up videos from Bulkreefsupply they are on YouTube. You probably should have learned a little about saltwater and reef Tanks before you purchase live animals.
 
This is just one of the stages just about every young tank goes through. Adding some flow should help as well as a bit more cuc but time is what is really needed. Let the tank get adjusted do your weekly water changes and don't over feed.
 
looks like cyano, try a small powerhead.

Not sure what the whole tank looks like, but a full tank picture would help with getting ideas for the placement of the powerhead.
you can blow on it with a turkey baster and get it into the water column so that it can get filtered out of the tank too.

but a powerhead is necessary or more flow if possible.
 
I want to say thank you to everyone who has commented my cyno has been going away after a bought some more cuc and got a power head
 
I had the same issue with cyano, definitely get yourself a powerhead and about half dozen (or more...) snails (Cerith, Nassarius, Astraea, Mexican turbo, trochus) and you should be sitting pretty good

i have 4 of the big mexican turbos in my 40 gallon and i swear they cleaned out half the cyano in alittle less then 2 days by themselves.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top