I haven’t purchased this. ID?

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 22, 2020
Messages
2,594
Reaction score
4,802
Location
United Kingdom
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you ID this for me? For sure haven’t been purchased by me :rolleyes:
C2290B5B-08B6-47E0-B4D2-F9585C18950C.jpeg
 
7C5767FA-F742-40AB-8D68-4B8CA89CC521.jpeg









Not sure if you can see the video. That is actually the best. My phone just refuse to focus to the right place while taking a picture
 
Just a pic from the video

E5A78BD7-A2D7-4BC3-A05F-C67E72C209A8.jpeg
I see it, it has soft tissue that's being moved by flow in the water.

So definitely not a bi-valve, but Other than the fact that there's some soft tissue I still REALLY can't see what it is man. I'm sorry.

Possibly someone who knows exactly what it is and more familiar with hitchhikers could identify it with just this information being super familiar with them.

@KJ might know.

Oh and technically unless you stole that rock, you did buy it ;) :p

It kind of looks like a side upside down angle of a feather duster to be honest....
 
I see it, it has soft tissue that's being moved by flow in the water.

So definitely not a bi-valve, but Other than the fact that there's some soft tissue I still REALLY can't see what it is man. I'm sorry.

Possibly someone who knows exactly what it is and more familiar with hitchhikers could identify it with just this information being super familiar with them.

@KJ might know.

Oh and technically unless you stole that rock, you did buy it ;) :p

It kind of looks like a side upside down angle of a feather duster to be honest....
That was a dry rock few months ago. Maybe with the Zoas....
 
Hitch hikers will find some of the most unique and amazing methods of vehicle.

If you also used live sand you’ve got Hundreds of potential just from that.
Yep Red Sea live sand was used... I also need to figure out where my Dinos came from but that is a different tread
 
Following for answer, almost looks like a web of some sort. + 2 see if it reacts / retracts if poked
 
Feather duster....harmless
Lol, Now that he said this I can see the entire feather duster.

In the shadow in the video if you really look you actually see the complete mouth extended. it's 100000% a feather duster, you will find many many more of them as your reef matures.

In the future try to post pictures with more light. use a flashlight or your phones light to illuminate in the crevices.

The way these photos were taken it makes it look as if the creature is coming from the bottom left up to the top right.

But it's actually descending from the top right and you can very clearly see the feather duster XD
 
Lol, Now that he said this I can see the entire feather duster.

In the shadow in the video if you really look you actually see the complete mouth extended. it's 100000% a feather duster, you will find many many more of them as your reef matures.

In the future try to post pictures with more light. use a flashlight or your phones light to illuminate in the crevices.

The way these photos were taken it makes it look as if the creature is coming from the bottom left up to the top right.

But it's actually descending from the top right and you can very clearly see the feather duster XD
I think you are right looking at pictures online to compare what I can see
 
Last edited:
jeez - i thought looks like a feather duster (had to watch the video) the pics just didn't give perspective. then i keep reading down and see it was already ID'd. good job.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top