I hope this isn't what I think it is...

  • Thread starter Thread starter TD13
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

TD13

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 29, 2015
Messages
789
Reaction score
389
Location
St. Louis
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was visiting my tank this morning and saw the following 'items' on my purple stylo....
IMG_9808_zpsg8uzhm1c.jpg


I managed to wrangle one out of the tank to get a closer look...
IMG_9809_zpszfbxztep.jpg


I noticed some issues on my rainbow monti but didn't really thing a whole lot of it as nothing was really moving, etc. I think that may have been a large mistake. I have never had any critters before and don't notice any of the tell tale signs, bite marks, etc. If anyone can lend some advice, that would be awesome! Thank in advance!!!

IMG_9811_zpsnwz8r9he.jpg
 
@TD13 if you are able to get another one out of the tank and on your finger (or any other surface), try putting a drop of water over it. Sometimes this allows the creature to start moving around and allows you to see all its features that are flattened when out of the water. May be able to get a better look at it and get an identification.

Kinda looks like a nudibranch from the picture of it on your finger :confused:
 
AEFW are acropora eaters exclusively, however there are monti eating flat worms. I believe they are easier to kill than AEFW
any experience getting rid of them?
 
Halichoeres melanurus, "Melanurus Wrasse" would help with that.
 
From what I have been able to read, its dip the Coral and pray.
 
The white stuff on your Monty third pic up side ,and left side do they move if you touch it ,?
 
The white stuff on your Monty third pic up side ,and left side do they move if you touch it ,?


In these photos no. I only turned the power heads off and took the pics. This is in a 28 gal nano with all water within normal parameters. This is the only coral displaying this issue.

IMG_9860A_zps4v79a2kp.jpg

The areas in blue are missing all tissue and are white in appearance. The areas in red are raised and are dark blue. They have developed in the last few weeks. I cannot see anything moving on the coral.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top