I hurt my cleaner shrimp by accident!!

maugustine

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 12, 2019
Messages
74
Reaction score
106
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long story short.. my rocks have recently been moved around.. a big one shifted and broke a leg on one of my pair of cleaner shrimp. Hood buddy is guarding him. They love each other. he ate when I fed him.. but he def hurt..
Will he be ok?
I don’t have any aggressive fish but do have a decorator crab that is actually laying right next to him by chance..
has anyone ever hurt thier shrimp by accident?
i feel like a horrible mom :( ..
 
Nothing you can really do. Make sure you feed him good food and try to give him peace and quiet. Only time will time if he'll pull through.
 
Yeah it should grow back with the next molt if it's healthy and such.. they are resilient like that!
 
Thx people.. he is resting under one of spots he likes I am feeding him ..
One of my other kind of shrimps. Peppermint shrimp. Cool little dude. He passed away early this morning for no obvious reason.. my pistol shrimp was about to pull Him into his hole to begin eating him.. I pulled him out ;)..
I know .. I know.. it’s nature but I watched my pistol pulling my fang fish into the hole after died from a fish bite getting infected...

Anyway thanks for the responses..so nice finding a community that doesn’t think I am crazy for talking about my fish ;).. most of my friends just don’t really understand why I spend all this Time and money :)
I love my tank!
 
Lol. Right. Talking about the fish.. I drive my friends crazy with it I am sure.. yeah this community is great.
 
Shrimp are amazing at regeneration. I had a Coral Banded Shrimp that lost an entire arm( or whatever its called) and it grew back when he molted.
 
Harlequin lost one of his big claws, whacked by fish.
Grew back in 4 weeks.
No worries, and his bud is looking out for him, he'll be fine.
Might have ptsd.
 
He is all better!! Took about 4 weeks and 2 molts but he is happy and doing great!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top