• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

I Need The Jabawaki!!! Who's got it?

+1

This goes for a lot of frags vs. colonies. Whether it be Sps, LPS or whatever.
I have seen some pretty crappy looking frags, that are stunners as colonies, and viceversa
It'll be a while before mine reaches the 5-6" mark though ;)

I think with this piece though, we really won't know till these frags grow out since the colony wasn't in captivity for a couple years or anything.

If I have seen anything with chalices it is that they really have to be in captivity for a couple years, to stabilize and you actually know what you are getting.

That's true and not to bad mouth or put down Matt's system but i have seen a pattern with a lot of stuiff i bought from him, and it has been a lot, that they tend to color up more in my system and change a bit. It can happen from tank to tank as some might use different methods which can help bring out some colors.
 
That's true and not to bad mouth or put down Matt's system but i have seen a pattern with a lot of stuiff i bought from him, and it has been a lot, that they tend to color up more in my system and change a bit. It can happen from tank to tank as some might use different methods which can help bring out some colors.
Nah... It's just that Crack for corals that you get from Steve!!!:tongue::wink::xd:
 
Doesn't have anything to do with his system but more with the piece being recent wild colonies and not having time to establish.

That's true and not to bad mouth or put down Matt's system but i have seen a pattern with a lot of stuiff i bought from him, and it has been a lot, that they tend to color up more in my system and change a bit. It can happen from tank to tank as some might use different methods which can help bring out some colors.
 
In the next few months I will post something similar to Jabawaki.. Its been in my system not too long yet so in the next few months I will have a pic...

Thats one good thing about new pieces coming in .. You can actually spot some of them that has potentials and given a proper care and keep em for months it will be a nice piece.. New pieces for me is a challenge.. I like old school stuff but I already know what my piece will turn into .. so the SURPRISE thing is not there...
 
hey pnoy if its anything like the jaba. put me on the list for a frag....lol.... i gat a couple up my sleeve as well have had them for some time now and just waiting to take some really nice pics.....
 
Definitly not inpressed over the colony picture. The frag looks better than the colony. Could have something to do with lighting and water quality too. What do you guys think?

I would rather have my piece look like the colony as that is why I wanted it. I liked the mix in the body; oh well.
 
plz

can i get 2nd in line for a frag too? cash is king:bigsmile:
 
Last edited:
chalice

Definitly not inpressed over the colony picture. The frag looks better than the colony. Could have something to do with lighting and water quality too. What do you guys think?


the frag in Bushh23 is awesome, i love to have one but after look at the cololny, i agree with Browns not inpressed in the colony
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top