I really want an anemone...when can I get one?

Dunnman39

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 5, 2016
Messages
239
Reaction score
26
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So ever since I started my salt water tank I really wanted an anemone. When am I able to put one in my tank? It is just over 2 months old.
 
4 months + is a good estimated guess on when to add them.. just be sure your water levels and such are holding constant.
 
I added mine at the four month mark but most people recommend waiting until your tank is six months old.

I think that this recommendation is more for newer reefers whom haven't quite nailed down maintaining good water chemistry yet. I've found anemones to be be quite a bit finicky with regards to water parameters. I think that if you're a bit more experienced that there shouldn't be an issue with adding an anemone after the tank has been completely cycled and the parameters are in check.
 
You should probably wait the 6 month rule. Add the live rock you want to add, get familiar with testing your alkalinity, calcium and magnesium and how to maintain those levels.

What kind of lighting you have? T5, halide, etc?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top