I think I have Green Hair Algae

dja3617

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 11, 2015
Messages
20
Reaction score
1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 20 gallon reef tank set up now for about 2 months now I'm running an aqua clear 110 and have 1 power head everything has been going good I have a few corals with 2 snails 2 chronis 2 clowns and 1 cleaner shrimp. But I just came home tonight and noticed I have this hair like green algae growing on my live rock is this normal, should I be worried and what steps if any should I take to address the situation?
14339978041821500942361.jpg
20150611_003130.jpg
14339978041821500942361.jpg 20150611_003130.jpg
 
Test for Nitrates and Phosphates. Hair Algae is not normal, and not anything you want.
What do you have for a CUC? Snails?
Best to get a handle on it while its still small.
 
Lets start by posting some water parameters, basic maintenance routine, feeding schedule & amount, lights & schedule.

You have excess nutrients and or rocks leaching a bit.

Its a new tank, nothing out of ordinary, but should get addressed. May start with the google and study GFO or a phosphate binder.
 
Check your phosphates and tank temp and reduce your white light on times
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top