I think I murdered my Bubble Coral

LardLad

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 29, 2019
Messages
431
Reaction score
339
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got H202 on the flesh and appeared to instantly eject several grams of mucus and flesh. Only a few bubbles left.

I did a 100% emergency water change.

I heard that Bubble Coral is the "Phoenix of Corals".

Should I give it a few weeks andhope for the best?

dang it was such a beautiful specimen.
 
Here it is.

Do you think it will live?
20210212_211528.jpg
 
Doesn’t look promising. But give it a chance. It could bounce back. If you start to to see it turning to brown jelly I’d pull and toss so you don’t impact other corals.
 
Doesn’t look promising. But give it a chance. It could bounce back. If you start to to see it turning to brown jelly I’d pull and toss so you don’t impact other corals.
It has what looks to be a spider web canopied over the top; very fine; impossible to capture on camera.
Any thoughts?
 
Did it survive?
It has pumped out a couple dozen bubbles that it is sustaining through the day and then collapse at night. So I'm hopeful it's in a good spot good Lite perfect parameters. I'm just hoping for the best now it was a beautiful specimen before I murdered it
 
It has pumped out a couple dozen bubbles that it is sustaining through the day and then collapse at night. So I'm hopeful it's in a good spot good Lite perfect parameters. I'm just hoping for the best now it was a beautiful specimen before I murdered it
I'm glad it made it. It wasn't dead, just mostly dead.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top