I think this is a bristle worm. Good/bad?

  • Thread starter Thread starter AC0DX
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
I think I will keep mine. But I do feel like he needs theme music every time he comes out. Suggestions?

The music from Halloween
e65a342a59b90f395c99cd1783a97421.jpeg
 
Very beneficial to your systems. They may look "Creepy" but really do a very good job at eating uneaten food and debris. Just as amphipods and copepods are also beneficial doing the same.

What the fish don't eat the bristle worms get, what the bristle worms don't get the amphipods and copepods eat, what the amphipods and copepods don't get, bacteria breaks down to nitrates.
 
Amphipods and copepods are awesome, I wish I had far more than I do. These things, on the other hand, well they're fairly repulsive looking. If they stay small, not too numerous and out of sight, they're great for additional cleanup. But if I see a big one coming out and prowling around in the daytime, well, it's gotta go. And also, there are bristleworms and there are fireworms. Bristleworms ok, fireworms nope, don't want anything that can badly sting me or a curious fish.
 
I think I will keep mine. But I do feel like he needs theme music every time he comes out. Suggestions?
The start of Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells
 
And also, there are bristleworms and there are fireworms. Bristleworms ok, fireworms nope, don't want anything that can badly sting me or a curious fish.

Can we please share the differences and possibly pics showing the difference?
 
Lots and lots of cirri all over the body, and any coloration to it but grey/brown? It's not scientific, but I'll assume that's a fireworm and get it out of there ASAP.

Fireworm_1280.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top