I thought it was a turd but it isn't

how about drilling them out ? in separate container,never tried ,could work... :thinking-face:
 
Some people have actually tried stabbing it with a a pliable metal wire inside their tubing. No idea if that was ever effective. I had them in one acro. Tossed it. I'm a bit worried they are in my branching cyphastrea...

I’m convinced they were the cause of my 8” raja rampage’s decline. Convinced.
I'll have a go at it today. I lost a raja rampage and another chalice in this tank not too long ago :thinking-face:
 
On it. I'm thinking of putting it in a container and injecting some Bayer undiluted into the hole.
Worst case scenario
-
1724774640964.gif
 
I'll probably regret this but I've decided to keep an eye on this thing at least untill I get a positive ID on it. I've not seen anything poking out of the tube even when light are out. These mystery creatures that appear are part of the fun for me.
PXL_20240828_201327671.jpg
 
I'll probably regret this but I've decided to keep an eye on this thing at least untill I get a positive ID on it. I've not seen anything poking out of the tube even when light are out. These mystery creatures that appear are part of the fun for me.
PXL_20240828_201327671.jpg
Just be careful they bored through the center of my chalice and made holes that took months to heal and never fully recovered and then i lost the colony
 
These are the worst. Dip doesn’t work on them. Plucking doesn’t help. Gluing doesn’t help.

I have a method I came up with that I am going to try…I haven’t seen it mentioned before

The problem is any disturbance and they suck not only into the tube, but into the coral. “Coral boring spionid worms”

They live INSIDE the coral. When you remove the rock to dip, they burrow so far in, the dip doesn’t make its way in the tiny tube, which I think they can close or block off.

If you go to pluck the tube, they suck in the coral. And make a new tube. If you glue them, they bore out another tube

Soooo…I have to outsmart the worm. Put it in a Tupperware of tank water and sit it on my tanks lid. And wait a few hours for it to feel comfortable to come out. Then slow administer a mix of coral rx and revive…one drop every minute. Slowly. And eventually, I will make the water potent enough to affect the worm, without scaring it back in the tube. And hopefully I can get enough contact time to do some damage to it
It's like the frog boiling experiment lol
 
These are the worst. Dip doesn’t work on them. Plucking doesn’t help. Gluing doesn’t help.

I have a method I came up with that I am going to try…I haven’t seen it mentioned before

The problem is any disturbance and they suck not only into the tube, but into the coral. “Coral boring spionid worms”

They live INSIDE the coral. When you remove the rock to dip, they burrow so far in, the dip doesn’t make its way in the tiny tube, which I think they can close or block off.

If you go to pluck the tube, they suck in the coral. And make a new tube. If you glue them, they bore out another tube

Soooo…I have to outsmart the worm. Put it in a Tupperware of tank water and sit it on my tanks lid. And wait a few hours for it to feel comfortable to come out. Then slow administer a mix of coral rx and revive…one drop every minute. Slowly. And eventually, I will make the water potent enough to affect the worm, without scaring it back in the tube. And hopefully I can get enough contact time to do some damage to it
Post in thread 'Interceptor, Ivermectin, & Coral Boring Spionid Worms.' https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/i...al-boring-spionid-worms.1016413/post-12502892
 
Looking at that thread I don't think it was a spionid. The tube came out of the edge of the coral but it wasn't hard. It looked like a tube made out very small grains of sand and was easy to remove.
Yes, I agree.
I was trying to help out @VintageReefer
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top